Skip to main content

Enrolling for an open entry degree course

You can enroll directly for open entry degree courses if you have German school or education certificates, or if you are an EU/EEA citizen and have not yet attended university.

You will therefore receive no letter of admission, but instead, you will be enrolled when all of the necessary criteria have been fulfilled (entry requirements, documents, payment). You can check the status of the process online.

Here is everything you need to do:

  1. Check the entry requirements
  2. Complete an online enrollment application: Click here - enroll now!
  3. Compile the necessary documents and send them to us - see the info sheet
  4. Check the status of your application online via the application portal and, if necessary, submit any additional documents.
  5. Pay the semester fee - you will receive a reminder.

Important: Please complete the steps described here punctually so that we can check that you meet all of the requirements, have submitted all of the necessary documents and that nothing stands in the way of your enrollment.In this way, you can ensure that you will receive your student ID and all of the important information for your course in good time.

You can find more information on the individual steps to be taken while completing your online enrollment.

Things to note:

  • You can complete the online enrollment application up until the enrollment deadline. The required documents must be submitted to the relevant HS Kaiserslautern campus no later than 3 business days after the deadline. 
  • All certificates must be provided as legally attested copies. Please do not send any originals. The documents you submit will not be returned to you.Therefore, please do not use application folders for your documents.
  • If you first complete an internship or professional training that is part of the entry requirements after the enrollment deadline, we require evidence that the internship or training will be completed before lectures start (see the semester schedule). The final certificate of entitlement to a university education must then be submitted by the time that lectures begin. If this is not possible, we must revoke your enrollment.
  • For the best possible start to your studies, the faculties also offer preparatory courses. You must register for the courses if you wish to participate. You will receive the relevant information along with your enrollment application, and you can submit the registration form with your enrollment documents. This is not necessary if there is an online registration available for the preparatory courses.
  • If you happen to change your mind after enrolling, you can decline your study place for the coming semester up until lectures begin. You will receive a refund of the sum you have paid, minus the cost of the student ID card, when you return your enrollment documents and student ID cart to us in full. Please also provide your bank account information for the refund.

Open entry or restricted entry?

Apart from the subjects of Architecture, Interior Design and Virtual Design, all Bachelor’s degree courses at the Hochschule Kaiserslautern are open entry.

Enrollment deadlines

Please check your deadlines.