+++ New project acquired +++
The project "Structural Consolidation of Internationalisation through Double Degree Programmes and Lively Partnerships (SFInt)", funded by the DAAD and BMBF within the framework of HAW.International module B, will start on 1 February 2022 and run for almost four years.
- Establishment of 3 double-degree programmes, further development of 2 double degrees
- Intensification of joint research and teaching with partner universities
- Opening of professional perspectives for international students in companies in the region
- Daniela Fleuren, Head of the department International Relations and Languages
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Michael Magin, Vice President for Internationalisation
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Albert Meij, department of Applied Engineering
Which goals did we have?
With HelloWorld@HSKL, the strategic anchoring of internationalization at the university was aimed at and thus an increased opening to the region and abroad – in line with the motto "From the World to the Palatinate – From the Palatinate to the World". On the one hand, international mobility was to be promoted, on the other hand, intercultural experiences were to be made possible, initially even without a stay abroad.
Where are we going? - A strategy for all university members.
Integrated Semesters Abroad
We make it easy for our students!
- Stays abroad are integrated into their regular studies.
- The recognition of achievements achieved at partner universities is guaranteed.
- Individual adjustments are possible.
International Staff Trainings
Our Best Practice Days offer:
- Exchange of experience with international colleagues
- Discussions about university topics and your own everyday work
- Learning from each other and laughing together
Through HelloWorld@HSKL, staff training is institutionalized, offered at regular intervals and more closely aligned to the specific interests of teachers and employees.
International students can spend one or two guest semesters at the Kaiserslautern University of Applied Sciences and can also take advantage of our courses tought in Englisch.
Online preparatory course German
Learn German - Accomplish your studies
The international students of the Kaiserslautern University of Applied Sciences are offered digital learning opportunities in the field of German as a foreign language at different levels, so that they can improve their language skills independently.
eLaboratories from the MINT area
Experiment virtually and learn from it!
This is what eLabs in the fields of physics, biology & chemistry, and engineering sciences make possible for our students. For (international) students some digital experiments are provided in English.
FAQ for international students
The most important questions about studying at Kaiserslautern University of Applied Sciences are answered in a compact way for the incoming target group - participants of the International Studienkolleg, visiting or Erasmus students as well as degree-seeking students.
Info Info Info
We provide up-to-date information material for students, lecturers and employees of Kaiserslautern University of Applied Sciences on the topic of internationalisation as well as interesting facts for our guests. Here are some examples:
Who were we?
Project management team:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Albert Meij, Department Applied Engineering
- Daniela Fleuren, Head of Department International Relations and Languages
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Marc Illgen, Department of Building and Design
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Luisa Medina, Department of Applied Logistics and Polymer Sciences
We would like to express our sincere thanks to the project staff who put their energy into achieving the project's goals during its duration.