Skip to main content

International Office

Your studies (degree seeking)

You have the possibility to obtain your Bachelor's or Master's degree at the Kaiserslautern University of Applied Sciences. We offer a wide range of courses in the fields of technology, economics, design, health, and computer science.


How do you proceed?


Choose suitable modules for your guest semester at our university.

Please note that some courses of study start in the summer semester, but most begin in the winter semester.

The Kaiserslautern University of Applied Sciences consists of three locations: Kaiserslautern, Pirmasens, and Zweibrücken. The courses of your degree programme usually take place exclusively at one of the locations.


Please apply for your studies exclusively via uni-assist

If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact uni-assist or the corresponding application/enrolement office (Studierendensekretariat).


Regular application deadlines:

  • for the summer semester - January 15
  • for the winter semester - July 15

Please inform yourself about a possibly different application deadline for the course of studies you would like to study.


Take care of the financing of your studies.

Here you can find out what you will have to pay for studying in Germany


One possibility of financial support may be offered by your home university.

You can find out whether you can apply for financial support according to the German Federal Education and Training Assistance Act (BAföG) here

The Kaiserslautern University of Applied Sciences awards various scholarships. You can find out the general conditions in our FAQ
You can find the current tenders under News


a) Before your arrival, please contact the International Office by email in order to be supported in finding a room at your university location Kaiserslautern, Pirmasens or Zweibrücken.

Here you will find information that may help you additionally in your search:

The student's service union (Studierendenwerk) is responsible for the allocation of rooms in student residences. You can find further possibilities in the three brochures.


b) Register: After you have rented accommodation and arrived, you must register at the relevant Residents' Registration Office (Einwohnermeldeamt) with your new address. You can find further information on this in our Welcome Guide


Arrive in time for the start of your studies. You will find the start of lectures at the semester dates


Don't miss the welcome event of the International Office. You can find the dates at the individual university locations under News


If you are not a citizen of an EU country, you need a visa to enter Germany. You can find information on this in our FAQ


You will need the following documents for your enrolment at the admission/enrolement office (Studierendensekretariat):

  • Proof of sufficient health insurance
  • Confirmation from your home university, stating your number of semesters (Learning Agreement)
  • Proof of social contribution paid
  • 2 current passport photos

You can find further information in our Welcome Guide


If you are not a citizen of an EU country, you need a residence permit to study at the Kaiserslautern University of Applied Sciences. You can find information on this in our FAQ

Any further questions?

You will find the right contact person for your questions in our FAQ