Skip to main content


ERASMUS+ guest students (EU) need to fill out the ERASMUS+ Learning Agreement (provided by home university) and send it to us through their International Office. Please have in mind that the minimum recommended language level for German is B1.

Our admission is based on the recommendation/ nomination of your home institution. Although it is not mandatory we appreciate to receive an up-to-date transcript of records. It helps us to advise you on choosing the ideal modules. Application deadline for the winter semester is June 15th, for the summer semester December 15th. You will receive an answer from us some weeks later.

International, non-ERASMUS-applicants may use the following  form. Just leave the specific ERASMUS-questions, like "ERASMUS Code", open. If your home university requires you to fill out its' own form, that's fine with us, as long as it contains all the information required.

Enrolment and registration

Enrolment (after arrival)

The student's registration ID is obtained from:

Studierendensekretariat (Registration Office)

Upon showing their student's registration ID, students obtain discount in the university canteens (Mensa), public transportation (only locations PS and KL), and some cultural events in the area. For your registration you will need:

• Confirmation of health insurance
• Confirmation of your home university stating the number of semesters completed (Learning Agreement)
• Proof of paying the student's semester fee
• 2 current passport photos

Enrolment and registration

All foreign students, who plan to stay in Germany longer than three months must register at the City Registration Office. EU-citizens have to register within one week after arrival. Non-EU-citizens must obtain a visa from the German Consulate in their country PRIOR TO ENTERING Germany. We advise the following order:

  • Enrolment in the Enrolment Office "Studierendensekretariat" (as described above). You will obtain your student's enrolment ID that you have to show for Registration at the
  • City Registration Office "Bürgercenter" (within 1 week after arrival)
  • For Registration at the Foreigner's Registration Office "Ausländerbehörde" you will need a confirmation of your landlord. Take this, along with your passport or ID.

Tuition fees

There is no tuition fee for those pursuing a first-degree (bachelor's programme & consecutive master's programme) . However, you do have to pay the semester fee (the IO informs you which amount applies to you), which is completely transferred to the Studierendenwerk (accommodation, refectory, consulting, possibly semester ticket), and the AStA (student association).