The application process for the 2017/2018 WS began in May and runs until begin October. All students were informed by mail about the start of the application process.
- Those eligible to apply include students enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree course at the Hochschule Kaiserslautern, and students who intend to begin a course of study in the coming winter semester.
- Both German and international students may apply.
- Duplicate funding is not permitted; according to the Stipendienprogramm-Gesetz (StipG), funding may not be awarded if the student is already in receipt of other performance-based funding.
- To be considered for the funding, you must complete an application using the HS Kaiserslautern's online form. Paper applications cannot be accepted.
- Attendance at the selection interviews is mandatory. This is binding for all applicants.
- The application process for the 2017/2018 WS begins in mid-August and runs until begin October.
- The university is responsible for the selection process. No student is expressly entitled to the provision or extension of Deutschlandstipendium funding.
- You apply using the online platform. In the 1st selection round, the faculty chooses a shortlist from the applications submitted. That’s why we advise you to complete your application with great care.
- In the 2nd selection round, the selected applicants have the opportunity to present themselves to the committee in a selection interview.
- The selection committee itself consists of representatives from the faculties and the student body, the university management, and representatives from industry, in an advisory capacity.
- Alongside academic achievements, consideration is paid to voluntary or social work and university-related activities. The candidate’s personal circumstances are then considered as well.
- For detailed information, please refer to the application agreement, which you should read carefully.
The Hochschule Kaiserslautern awards funding based on the selection criteria stipulated in the Stipendiengesetz and the related statutory instruments. Achievements and talent in particular can be evidenced as follows, according to the Stipendiengesetz:
For new students:
- Average grades that correspond with the university entry requirements, with special consideration of the grades achieved in the relevant individual subjects, or
- a special qualification that entitles you to pursue a course of study at the Hochschule Kaiserslautern.
For students who are already enrolled:
- Academic achievements by enrolled students as of the second semester, with special attention paid to the ECTS credits obtained
- For Master’s students, the final grades for the previous degree will also be considered
Additionally, special consideration is also paid to:
- Special achievements, honors, or awards, prior work experience and internships, personal commitment, such as volunteer work, involvement in social matters, university politics, or politics, or involvement in religious groups, associations or unions, special personal or familial circumstances, such as illness or disability, caring for children (especially if you are a single parent), caring for ill relatives, working in a family business, working alongside your studies, familial heritage, or a migrant background.
The university is responsible for the selection process.